Tropics provides Real-Time Agency Upload processing from virtually any independent agency software, including Applied Systems, AMS Systems, etc. TST has partnered with ACORD member, Appulate, Inc. to leverage the Uplink XML creation tool, along with Tropics’ XML Harbor module to allow independent agents to upload new submission data directly from their agency systems to the Tropics’ Self-Service Web Portal.
This integration dramatically reduces the amount of duplicate data entry relative to the older paradigm of asking agents to enter ACORD form data into both their agency system, as well as an insurer’s agency portal. The result is a streamlined new business submission process, which allows agents to submit information quickly, thereby increasing their satisfaction with their business relationship with that insurer. The combination of Appulate’s Uplink product and Tropics XML Harbor is offered to Tropics clients as a bundled product named BeamUP.
For a demonstration of Tropics® BeamUP®,
Operational Flow Diagram
Roll-out Strategy to Agencies
- Insurer will send an email out to agents describing the Real-Time Upload Initiative, the time-saving benefits and providing a hyperlink to the Appulate Uplink software download site
- Agents install the Appulate Uplink printer driver with a few simple clicks (just like any other local/network printer driver installation)
- Insurer’s Marketing Representatives continue to evangelize the benefits of the Real-Time Upload Process in order to gain high adoption rates, which theoretically will translate into higher satisfaction from agents in terms of ease of doing business
Benefits of BeamUP
- Allows agents to upload new submission data from ACORD 130 (and state-specific ACORD forms) to the WebTropics agency portal
- Supports virtually all agency management systems, including Applied and AMS/Vertafore
- Creates ACORD XML file through data generated from ACORD forms via Uplink, which captures data via print driver and transforms into standard ACORD XML files
- Tropics XML Harbor provides a receptacle application, which receives the ACORD XML files and subsequently maps the data in the XML files to the insurer’s WebTropics agency portal
- Agent receives an automated response upon successful upload to Uplink, which provides a link to WebTropics. Upon clicking the link, agent is automatically brought into the WebTropics new business submission screens, which will have the data from the ACORD XML file pre-populated in the appropriate WebTropics fields
- Combines all parts of the normal agency upload process (ACORD XML creation, submission, receipt, mapping, etc.) into one solution, with one vendor (TST) being responsible for implementation and support
- Provides considerable cost savings from a piece-meal agency upload process by limiting the number of vendors and utilizing a volume discount with Appulate, Inc.